Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 27 March 2018

Windy.

The day began grey and wet, the perfect excuse for a lie-in. By the afternoon strong winds blew the clouds away and the day ended with a lovely evening. The forecast is for colder weather with 'wintry' showers including sleet! It doesn't affect us but up in the hills it's lambing time so bad news for the farmers and their sheep. The farm that I can see from the back garden has its sheep in 2 sheltered fields near to the farm buildings and I do believe I've already heard the bleating of the new lambs.
With the last batch of biscuits all eaten I baked another batch of chocolate and coconut biscuits. While they were baking I stuck a new edging strip on one of the kitchen counters which had lost about an inch of the original strip using the left over edging strip from the bathroom counter. It's white rather than speckled grey but looks much better now. Then I went back to the seemingly endless task of scraping off paint from door frames. I think there's at least a week's worth of work upstairs before I can start on the bannister.
Then it was time for Pilates. As I neared the school where the classes are held I meet 2 other people from the class who told me the it was cancelled due to the school having parents' evening. When I got home I sent a message to my friend who also goes to the class only to have her ring and say that the class was still going ahead in the school's gym. Back I marched, made my way through parents and students and joined in with the class. Another good workout which had me sweating copiously though that might be more about my fitness level than the effort I put in. That said I am noticing an improvement in my muscle tone and find I'm able to do more of the exercises. 

No comments: