Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 16 November 2018

Grey.

It's been a misty, grey day. Mild at first but getting colder through the day. Unlike yesterday I managed to get several of my 'list' jobs done. The first was to do something about the green appearing on the older, lower decking. It's not enough to warrant getting out the pressure washer so I started by sloshing on the contents of an old packet of fungal killer mixed up with water. I know that the green is algae but I thought it was worth a try as algae and fungi are quite closely related. I also sloshed the mix on some of the small slabs down by the conservatory. Should that not do the trick I'll have a go with bleach. What I'm hoping is that it will all magically disappear and I won't need to get out the scrubbing brush. 
The next task to tackle was a fine crack across the door alcove in our bedroom ceiling. It's most likely due to the flooring and loft ladder being put in not to mention stuff being put up there for storage so we're not concerned about it. I thought I'd do it properly and scrape off any loose paint/plaster flakes before filling the hairline crack. Unfortunately the tool I picked was made of soft metal and left grey marks. Nothing like drawing attention to a fault! The next challenge was to get the decorators' caulk flowing from the tube. I had pushed a nail down the nozzle before replacing the cap but it had still dried up at the top. Even with the squeezy gun thing it was very hard to get the caulk to come out evenly and I ended up forcing a blob out and then applying it with a finger which was more time consuming. While I was standing on a chair to do this job I noticed there was also a hairline crack along the top of one wall. So that got filled too. Next I'll have to clean off the grey marks and maybe go over that section of the ceiling with white paint.
My final task was to work on my latest project. I'd wondered if I should embroider the design but in the end decided to cut the pieces out of felt. It took three attempts to work out how to do it. I need to do a second one which should be a lot easier now I know the best method.

No comments: