Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 16 October 2010

Sleep !

Oh the joy of being able to turn over and go back to sleep when the first sounds of the radio still set for 5.45, permeate my dream world. Another bright but cold day, the bright blue sky finally tempted me out of my warm bed. First job of the day was to turn up my new jeans while listening to the radio. I was taken aback to hear a man from Christie's say he was looking at some 'visuals' meaning photographs - pretentious jargon or poor language? Either way I didn't approve. I needed to do a few things in town so had another gentle stroll around the shops trying to do some more Christmas shopping before the crowds start building up. Saw my first Christmas tree on display, and we've not even had Bonfire Night!
Once home I spent some time out in the garden cutting back the artemesia in the scree garden. Even though I wasn't actually in the sunshine at least I could see it as it lit up parts of the garden. The red garden lillies only open in the sun so they are strategically placed to catch those last rays which make them shine like red candles. After the hustle and bustle of town it was good to only hear the sounds of nature.

Discovered the source of an unpleasant smell downstairs which had me searching all the dark corners, a deceased mole under the table in the living room. mole now removed, windows opened and candle lit to get rid of the smell. Flipping cats!

2 comments:

Catching the Magic said...

Beautiful light in the photos. Ew about the mole!!!

Domestic Executive said...

What fantastic colours to have in the garden still at this time of year. I'm jealous. What colour we have seems to being blown away in the gales.