Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 25 October 2010

Snow!

Not here but it was quite frosty this morning when I looked out of the window. So good that I didn't have to get up early. When I checked my facebook page (I do that before looking at my emails because it irritates me to see messages on my email page about the things on my facebook page) I saw that Romas had been experiencing snow, Brrr!
It has been another sunny day so after doing some school work on the pc I wrapped up well and got on with some garden work. If only I had been vigilant with the mowing and weeding of the lawns I wouldn't have to be on my hands and knees sorting out the bank. (Someone did promise to keep up with the mowing but .......) It's gone beyond simple cutting , and I do know that it's not the best time to cut grass when it is frosty, but by the time the daffodils have finished flowering next spring the bank would be in a dreadful state. It doesn't look too good now after the weeds have been dug/pulled up, more like a muddy battlefield but it should recover quickly next year.

Even in the late afternoon the frost in the scree garden looked like icing sugar sprinkled on the aubretia and sedum.





Just half a lb left to my goal weight. I was irritated at first not to have got there this week but maybe it is a good thing. Being at home for a chilly half-term holiday I might have been tempted to have too many extra treats such as thick slices of the spicy fruit bread we are both so fond of. This way I'm still being careful though looking forward to some more beef stew tonight to which I might add some curry powder. I'm not too affected by this cold, just a few more headaches to add to the usual and a bit of a runny nose. Peter has been suffering more with his cold and after a bad night I left him to sleep all day. Let's hope he feels better tomorrow.

No comments: