Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 15 February 2013

Busy Day.

I've been quite busy today without a moment to curl up in corner. Sometimes that's good, sometimes not. Mid-morning I drove Vytas out to Fremmington to drop off his lap-top to be repaired. He's been having trouble with the power cable but even with Peter's help wasn't able to resolder some of the parts. Luckily Peter remembered this chap who runs a small repair business and it won't cost too much to fix. With all his travelling Vytas needs a way of keeping in touch so his lap-top is less of a luxury and more of a necessity. I guess it's only the older generation (ie us) who still look upon such things as a luxury. 
Once home I decided to give my car a thorough clean. We will be driving ourselves to the funeral, not only to keep the costs down but I can't really imagine a gleaming limousine in our muddy yard. So my car was scrubbed inside and out and even the seat covers got thrown in the washing machine. There have been times in the last 2 weeks when I simply curl up and stare at the tv and others when I go into a cleaning frenzy. It's all part of the process I suppose. 
It's quite isolated living here but each trip to town has included a few more interactions so I am gradually finding it easier to talk to people. Today I talked to 2 of my colleagues, typical Devon fashion we stopped our cars side by side in the road and had a chat through our windows. I'm off out in a moment to pick up my friends' daughter who is arriving by train so that will be one more young person in the house. It's going to be a case of musical bedrooms for the next few says as people arrive and go so I'd better go and make sure Vytas has moved his things into Peter's study leaving the spare bedroom clear for Alex.

1 comment:

Liz in PA said...

Dear Ruta, Peter, and your sons~
Life's sad moments are never planned, and the grief will get softer in time.
I am so glad your family is together, as Linas is there with you in spirit and in your hearts.
I will keep you all in my thoughts and prayers.
Love Liz in PA