Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 14 February 2013

Slowly Emerging.

We are slowly learning to live with the loss of our middle son, Linas. Briefly, Linas passed away in his sleep at the end of January. The probable cause is an accidental overdose of the prescription painkillers he had for his severe migraines. The energy drinks he often drank may also have been a factor. It may take up to 6 months for the tests to be completed but it doesn't really matter. He's still gone. Our only comfort is that he did know the Lord. Although everybody has been very kind it has been hard to wait for phone calls from officials both in Belfast and here but at last the funeral has been set for the beginning of next week. 
We would have fallen into a black hole of despair if it had not been for the presence of Vytas and Romas. Romas came the next day, kindly driven down by his girlfriend's parents, and Vytas arrived as soon as he could organise a flight from Auckland. Not only have they provided us with emotional support, they have made all the meals and tackled various jobs around the place. Simply hearing them together has helped us to  emerge into some form of normality.
Today it stopped raining for long enough for the boys and I to go down to the beach. It was so good to be out in the fresh air. I was in town yesterday making various arrangements and I felt very fragile walking down the High Street especially as I wasn't wearing my dark sunglasses which have helped to shut out the world. 
Through all this time emails and Facebook messages have provided a way to hear and respond to friends at a time when talking was still very painful and we have been comforted by everybody's kind words.

4 comments:

happyone said...

Oh Ruta I am so sorry to hear of your oh so sad news. I hadn't read your post of Feb 2nd so am just hearing about it now.
I pray for you and all your family.
At least you have that comfort of knowing he is now in heaven and you will see him again.
Hang in there, my friend.

Catching the Magic said...

My heart aches for your loss. My parents send their condolences too - also shocked to hear the tragic news. Praying for you and your family xx

Domestic Executive said...

Ruta - have wen thinking about you all at this very sad time.

Suzanne said...

Ruta, please accept my belated and sincere sympathy to you and your family on the loss of your son. This is a terrible tragedy and I pray.... I pray for all of you.