Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 25 February 2013

Warmer.

It was hard to wake up before 6.00 this morning. Looking out of the window at my white covered car I thought it was going to be another freezing day but when I went to switch on the engine to give the car a chance to warm up I discovered it was not frost but little bobbles of snow that were easy to brush off.
It was the first day back after the half-term holiday for the children and my first morning back too. As I had thought, once I was back in class my mind was fully occupied. I have found that I am much calmer in the mornings, it is later in the day that there are moments of utter sadness. I found that at work I was able to cope with the brief kind words from colleagues who then understood my need to become focused on our school day (or half day in my case).
My car spent the morning at the garage. Last week the boys told me I had a brake light out, the tracking needed doing after bumping up and down the drive and it is hard to put the handbrake on. Today both the brake lights were working so that must have been something loose and the handbrake problem might be being caused by the cable being a bit rusty! making it hard to pull through whatever thingy it goes through. It's OK for the moment but I'll probably have the cable replaced soon and get new brake shoes at the same time. 
It was a bit warmer on the way home and a lot smellier as the the farmers have been muck spreading again. The grass looks almost black with all the slurry. The icicle-fall is still there but dripping from every point.

1 comment:

Domestic Executive said...

Hi Ruta - glad you're stepping back to work ok. My Dad who lives outside Hereford has been complaining bitterly about the weather so it's good to know you're bearing up despite the old. We're having. Heatwave in NZ so hope Vytas doesn't't think this is a normal summer :o) hehe