Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 20 February 2013

The Sweetest Sound.

I'm beginning to feel quite tired now. No doubt the strain of the last few weeks is catching up with me. And staying up till the small hours didn't really help. But as I sat at my PC in the living room it was such a pleasure to listen to the deep tones of Vytas and Romas debating the rules of a war game they were playing in the kitchen. Loosing Linas has made their presence even more precious and I wanted to savour every moment. We hadn't seen Romas for over a year due to his studies and busy working life in Stoke and Vytas may not be home for another 6 months or even a year depending on how things go in New Zealand. So I stayed up for as long as I could until weariness overcame me. Even so I took a few photos before I stumbled off to bed.
I took Vytas this morning to catch his bus to Heathrow from where he will fly to Auckland via Abu Dhabi and Melbourne. Incidentally if anyone is looking for travel insurance I wouldn't recommend Direct Line. Vytas took out a year's multi journey insurance with them but when he rang them to claim for having to return home they told him that not only will they not pay for his journey home (despite the policy saying you could claim if you have to return due to a family bereavement) but also the next 10 months of his policy have been cancelled because he returned to the UK. He's not going to let this go but what a set of bastards.

No comments: