Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 29 January 2019

Cold.

We had a morning of icy rain under a white 'snow 'sky. Later tiny patches of blue appeared with fluffy clouds that sometimes blazed with reflected sunshine. For about the second time this year we turned on the central heating in the afternoon but turned down the room temperature or it would have got too hot. This afternoon I went to the dentists again for my initial implant assessment. Although he talked about the costs of the different stages I won't get a final costing until after a CT scan (that's another £170) to see how much bone I've lost in the jaw just where the implant would go. I may need a bone implant there which of course is even more. Also they need to check out the rest of my teeth where some of the fillings and crowns are showing their age. I couldn't have the scan today because it was being serviced so I've got an appointment in three weeks' time.
More snow is predicted for the night and the rest of the week and with yellow weather warnings in place people are being advised not to drive on the country roads. Right now it is raining heavily here and I'm very grateful for our warm home.
Meanwhile this afternoon I got on with copying more photo files and using the new felt to continue patching my wrist weights. I'm determined to finish that before trying some more felting.

1 comment:

happyone said...

Oh no, doesn't sound like fun times at the dentist!!
I'd rather be painting than going to your dentist. :)