Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 25 January 2019

Windy.

This morning I walked into town to get some butter and send off a passport form. The pannier market looked half empty but there were still the famers' stalls selling farm produce. I bought a steak and ale pie for Peter to have for his dinner. He likes pies but doesn't buy the commercially made pies because of all the unhealthy additives. I went into Iceland for the butter and also bought some special offer sushi. They were called doughnut sushi, a marketing ploy to justify making already small rice balls look bigger by putting a hole in the tops. At £1 for 16 they were good value and I wasn't expecting large pieces of fish so they didn't disappoint. However when I put one of the vegetable sushi in my mouth I was hit with a blast of chili, aargh! especially for me as I don't do chili under any circumstances. Peter can have the rest of those. 
I also called in at the haberdashers' which is closing down, hoping to get another square of the grey felt to finish off covering my old ankle weights. They didn't have any grey left so I bought some royal blue to use instead. Then I went into another shop, somewhere I'd been avoiding as I knew I might well be tempted to buy too much. This is a new scrapstore where you can either buy individual items or join and then pay £3 for as much as you can get into a carrier bag. Enticing but I'm trying to only buy materials for specific projects. They had some felt but no grey. 
The morning had begun grey and damp but by the time I returned home it was brightening up with a good wind. I hung some washing out on the line even though the sky had turned grey again. By the time I brought the washing in it was half dried which is better than nothing. 
At home I made a batch of Rocky Road to take with me tomorrow when I go to a felting workshop run by one of the choir for choir members. It is being run by the lady who made my lovely mouse and is being held at the home of another lady out in the country.
Peter is finding his second cataract surgery more uncomfortable than the first. He had a different anaesthetist  who administered the anaesthetic differently and unlike the first time it was uncomfortable. Last time the soreness went after the first night but this time it is still sore. He's going to bring this up when he goes for his post-op check. Not as a complaint (maybe a bit) but so that best practice is used by all the anaesthetists. 


1 comment:

happyone said...

Sorry to hear that Peter's eye is still sore. Hope it's better soon.
We've been having some crazy windy days!!