Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 31 January 2019

Grey.

For us it's been a day of grey skies and sleety showers. Once darkness had fallen I could see that although nothing was settling there was plenty of snow swirling around in the light of the street light at the bottom of the garden. The advice was for anybody travelling on the rural roads to complete their journey by 3.00 with ice being the main issue. I well remember those days and some nerve wracking driving up or down the steep hills.
On-line photos taken this afternoon.
 The roads near Dingles.
 Blackmoor Gate.
 Exmoor.
Snow is infrequent (not even every year) enough in this part of the country to make it an event of note. I can understand why people from the estuary towns seek out the snow but I still wince when I hear of people going up into the hills so that children can go tobogganing. 
My day has been spent at home. After all my morning jobs were done I suddenly ran out of energy and took things quietly. My sinuses make me dizzy at times and yesterday I had to sit down a couple of times at choir. As there are others who sit down for part or the whole of the time it wasn't a big deal. The sooner I get to see the ENT people the better though I'm not expecting an appointment for at least 2 months.


No comments: