Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 30 January 2019

Very Cold.

We've had just about every kind of weather today starting with an early burst of thunder and lightning followed by rain, sun and a rainbow not to mention a later shower of sleet with a little snow. It has been bitterly cold all day with the sun shining brightly in the afternoon. Going to choir tonight, and coming home, we had to scrape ice from the car windows. One of the choir members posted that she was unable to get to choir as there was already 2 inches of snow on her car. Choir numbers were down with people unwell or having dodgy road conditions. Our yellow weather alert isn't until 1pm tomorrow but there are bound to be icy roads tomorrow morning. This morning there was ice on the Link Road and the Bideford Road and there were 20 car accidents reported in the space of an hour. The house is lovely and warm and the recycling is already out so there's no need to get up too early. One of the bonuses of not going to work.
The knee pads came in handy for washing the kitchen floor. The marble tiles are forgiving with their random patterning so I don't have to wash the floor too often. Sometimes I spend ages trying to shift a mark before I realise it's part of the marble. I think, if I really tried I could spend all my time keeping the place spotless but who wants to do that? Out in the garden I noticed a some places where water was sitting on the wooden decking so I got out the drill to make a few holes for the water to drain away. I wasn't best pleased when I found that both of the drill's batteries had run down. I had to wait until a battery was charged up. Peter said he noticed the same thing when he last used the drill and he thinks the batteries don't hold the charge any more. Hopefully replacement batteries can still be bought.  
I made a start on my next felting project, a small rabbit. I'm trying to see how small I can make it. I began with the head as I think it will be easier to adapt the size of the body. My desk looks a bit macabre at the moment with a rabbit's head and a reject pair of ears that were too big and bulky. One of the ladies at choir who made a standing fox at the workshop last Saturday had a sad photo of her dismembered fox, the culprit being one of her cats. Luckily neither of my two have shown any interest in the fat squirrel which sits by the monitor.
Apologies to anyone who saw yesterday's snowy photo before I removed it. The Gazette doesn't show the dates clearly and it was from last winter's snow.

1 comment:

happyone said...

Pretty rainbow. Right now by us it is -8F. A nice warm up is supposed to be here by Sunday.