Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 24 January 2019

Eye Surgery.

Peter had his second cataract operation today, something he's been looking forward to. It went without a hitch and having walked up to the hospital for 7.30 in the morning he was ready to be collected by 11.00. (A more complex eye surgery took priority.) 
I wasn't quite ready for a cup of tea at 6.30 but by the time Peter left at 7.15 I was up and ready to do my exercises before breakfast at 8.00. Getting everything done early made a difference to the day and left me with more time to get on with other things. It all depends on what kind of a night I've had. First extra job was sorting out my baby Nikon Coolpix 2100. I hadn't used it for a very long time and one of the rechargeable batteries had leaked. Luckily I was able to carefully clean off the orange gunk and it seems to be working again. It turned on with the ordinary batteries I tried but the low battery light was flashing so Peter is ordering the correct batteries. The baby camera is about the size of a packet of cigarettes and is useful when I don't feel like lugging my big camera around.
I also made a start on hopefully sorting out a small leak from the shower which is a job that had been on my to-do list for a long time. Some of the sealant down one side was not done too well and we are keeping our fingers crossed that that is where the water is leaking. I used a blade to take off the sealant and cleaned all the surfaces. While I was messing about in the shower I had a deep clean of all the difficult to reach parts of the shower screen and doors. An old toothbrush came in handy for getting between the glass doors. A final wipe over with bleach where there was some mildew and the shower is ready for new sealant.
Both these photos were taken at 4.45 when low clouds had rolled in making the drivers on the Braunton Road turn on their headlights. 
While I was waiting for the hospital to phone this morning I spotted two blue tits in the buddleia bush. They didn't stay long enough for me to take a photo but I put out some fresh peanuts in one of the feeders to tempt them back. And I heard the owl again last night.

No comments: