Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 11 April 2021

Chilly.

Icy cold winds, sunny out of the front windows and dark clouds looming at the back.
I took a chance and ran a small load in the washing machine as I'd put some tea towels in to soak and they needed doing. That gave me some ironing to do later in the afternoon. In between I worked outside. First I drove the car round to the bottom of the garden and loaded up the wood that had once been a garden bench ready for my next trip to the dump. I don't put in the bags in advance but the wood needed to be in first. Then I pottered about in the back garden filling up another bag and also planting a random hedging bush that had been growing in a pot, by the side of the oil tank. I'm not sure if the soil there is suitable for anything to grow but I thought I'd give that bush a chance to fill the gap. If not I can take it down to the dump later. Then finally out to the front garden where I gave the small paved area by the front gates a tidy; pruning, weeding and sweeping up. Now that the urgent pruning and clearing jobs have been done I can work my way round doing a general tidy of the garden.

Since putting up the mirror over the cupboard we've found that it gives us an extra bit of sea view which is always welcome.

1 comment:

happyone said...

Such beautiful views you enjoy!!