Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 16 April 2021

Sunny.

Bright and sunny but quite chilly today. I got some washing out on the line though because I'm not sure if they're a bit damp or simply cold have put things over the radiators to make sure they're dry.
We had fun spotting yet more new exhibits in our wonderful view. First was a yellow lobster pot boat. Usually a man comes in a red fishing boat to check the pots. Was this a rival? I guess we'll never know the answer to that one.
Next was a small but expensive boat. Somebody out enjoying the sunny day. 
Later in the day Peter was sitting outside and spotted two gyrocopters but only one returned for me to take a photo. Then the star of the day as far as Peter was concerned, was this small but very manoeuvrable yacht.
We had a few visitors today. First was the plumber to let us know that he'll be able to come and fit the radiator in my study next week, probably Monday. He also gave us the next chapter in the oil spill story. Apparently a house up the street had had their oil tank split with the leaking oil (kerosene) contaminating the soil and getting into the underground stream that drains out to the cliff. They were able to pump out the rest of the oil and now have to put in a new tank. Our next visitors were the Boss builder with two chaps who will be installing the glass balustrade. Oh the excitement of thinking about our smartened up terrace. In the meantime I persuaded Peter that he could put up the brackets for the curtain pole by the dining table. All went well, ie no serious bickering until I screwed the two halves of the curtain pole together. Not only was one section slightly split but the hole into which the joining screw went wasn't central resulting in a bent and uneven join. The hole at the other end meant for the finials which we aren't going to use was also off centre. Luckily the pole came from Argos so I can take it back the next time I go into town. Curtain making will have to wait.


Out in the back garden I tidied up the chimney pots that came off our roof. One of them had been capped off inside but luckily it was with mortar rather than cement and I was able to chip it out with my trusty tractor screwdriver and a hammer. I think they're quite ugly even though I've used chimney pots to put plant pots in before so I put them on the local selling page. I used eBay as a guide to the price and I've already had somebody contact me wanting to buy them. Then I went and pottered about in the front garden. My main task was to remove the plastic pots from the roots of two shrubs I'd taken out as I don't think they'd be too happy at the dump to have the plastic going into the garden waste area.
It was too sunny not to sit outside for a while in the afternoon even though we had to wrap up well. Our neighbour was out on his tractor mower (he owns a grounds maintenance company) cutting the cliff top grass. We're not sure if he has a contract to do this or is simply being neighbourly as another neighbour mentioned the grass cutting is each homeowner's responsibility. We'll have to ask and find out and if so what is the appropriate way to say thank you.
 

1 comment:

happyone said...

Chilly here too today. Know what you mean about not knowing if the clothes are just cold or still damp.