Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 26 April 2021

Sunny.

Getting even colder with the wind whipping up whitecaps across the bay.
The electrician came in the morning and fitted a ceiling pendant and pull switch in the toilet. He has hens and brought us half a dozen fresh eggs. In return I gave him a bag of egg boxes which I'd saved for him. I'd remembered from our farm days that boxes came in useful when you have laying hens.
My ribs have been playing up, too much hauling of concrete blocks I guess acerbated by running out of one of my pain killers so I just pottered in the back garden today instead of doing some cementing. When Peter went down to the pharmacy to collect our prescriptions he called in at the scrap metal yard and arranged for the rusty railings to be collected from our drive. Pete the scrap metal man takes everything except fridges which is very handy. Once my Peter and I had carried out the railings which were awkward rather than heavy I was able to clear more weeds. I've left some of the old water butts turned upside down to drain before I work out where they can be placed to best effect, might even give some away as five is probably too many for me. I've also organised the curtains for my study. As well as combining two pairs of faded kitchen curtains for the very wide window I need to make another set for the other window. Hopefully there's enough fabric in the bolt from my stash.
Lockdown restrictions have been eased off again in Wales and Peter had a celebratory beer in the pub garden when he walked down to the village. Even more exciting he's about to meet the rowing club members for a boat cleaning session this evening.

Last night's beautiful sunset.


 

2 comments:

happyone said...

Wow those skies are stunning!!

Lowcarb team member said...

Such a wonderful sunset.

All the best Jan