Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 8 April 2021

Warmer.

Bright and breezy today with the wind blowing from the west making it a lot warmer.
I got the housework done before breakfast after which I unpacked some more boxes and sorted the contents into the utility room and my study. Then I hit the pc and finally, after many fabric samples had been ordered and compared I ordered the curtain material. I can't explain exactly why I don't want to have the seagull patterned fabric on the door curtain as well but it just seems too much. I wasn't able to get exactly the same shade of plain fabric, (who knew there were so many shades of duck-egg?) but both shades mirror the colours so often seen in the sea outside. As you can only order in full metres I was generous in my amounts, better to have a bit extra, and the whole lot came to £68. Thank goodness I have plenty of sheeting for the linings. I'm just glad I'm not making new curtains for all the windows. After that it was time for some diy in the utility room. I had to cut a hole in the cupboard shelf to make room for the waste pipe from the sink. I began properly by taking measurements and cutting a template from card but this soon became a bit more rough and ready with the adjustments to the template being of the 'a bit off here' variety rather than actual measurements. Once the hole was marked up, with my trusty assistant finding me the drill and jigsaw and putting a new blade on the jigsaw it didn't take long to cut out the hole and fit the shelf. Now all I need to do is fill the cupboard.
I had a break and watched an episode of Bridgerton and then went out to watch the kite surfers. If you click on the photo to enlarge it you should see that the closer chap had jumped 5-6ft out of the water. He had a good session with lots of jumps and then whizzing right out into the bay.
Then I was back on the pc attempting to sort out an order from the local builders' merchants for soil, gravel and a few other bits. It's a chain so you have to find out which items are available locally first. Got that sorted, filled up my 'trolley' and tried to pay. I was rather surprised that although it says free local delivery over £100, which my order was, it wanted £92 for delivery. Then the page crashed anyway. As this place is on the way to Aber I'll call in on my next trip to town and talk to them over the counter. I'm planning to go to the dump next Monday so my final job of the day was to saw up and bag the ivy trunks I'd taken down in the back garden. I'd just begun chopping down a tall hebe when it began to rain heavily and I had to head back inside. Half an hour later the rain stopped so I nipped out and got the bush chopped and bagged. It was growing in the original raised bed and stood about 7ft tall right in the centre of the garden. I've left the stump and if it wants to grow from that that's fine. The mahonia has begun to sprout from its stump but that will definitely have to be dug out as it's not a plant I care for.

 

1 comment:

happyone said...

Wow that is early to be done with housework by breakfast. I'm always out walking at that time. :)