Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 1 April 2021

Grey.

Cloudy and grey today. It was cooler but so far I haven't felt the icy touch of Arctic air the forecasters were talking about.
Peter sorted out the trapped shelf himself after letting the builder know we didn't need him. That cupboard has been cleaned and I've begun filling it with cleaning and gardening chemicals. The base cupboards or at least one of them will have to wait until I've cut out a hole in the shelf for the waste pipe from the sink. I'd begun in the utility by sanding down the scratches in the wood worktop before giving it a coat of wood oil. The oil makes the wood look lovely though it did show up more paint speckles which had escaped my attempts to sand them off. Thank goodness it's only the utility room. I also used a Stanley knife to cut away the plastic that had been protecting the glass in the utility door.
In between working in the utility room I moved plastic boxes of craft materials from the hall down to my study. These all needed the tops cleaned before I could begin stacking them. My study grows ever smaller while the front hall grows clearer and more spacious. Today I've been able to clear boxes from the sitting room too.
By the afternoon my back had had enough and with Peter's prescription waiting at the pharmacy I took myself off for a gentle stroll along the beach before calling in at the pharmacy.
It was low tide so headed to the rocks first where I saw my first open sea anemone and was able to identify it as a strawberry sea anemone. There were very few people on the beach, just a couple of hardy swimmers and some dog walkers.
Some cottages on the landward side of the Hight Street. The first cottage looks very neglected while the fisherman's cottage behind looks well cared for. On my way back along the High Street I saw that the beach/hardware shop was now open and so was the café next to it. I spoke to the owner? who was working outside and she confirmed that they are now open for the season (I thought they might only open for the Easter holiday). It's good to see some life returning to the village.

Something for April the first. A classic.
 

No comments: