Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday, 22 July 2026

Foggy Morning.

This morning the view was quite dramatic with the fog gathering above the River Dyfi and then blowing out to sea. 
To start with it was cloudy and somewhat chilly. The morning felt like a typical UK summer's day - cloudy and cool but at least not raining but at some point away went the clouds and back came the heat.

Yesterday I had thought Peter was going to the dump and then to buy sand and cement from the builders' merchants on the same industrial estate but instead after the dump he drove into town to do some shopping at the supermarket. And then came home without my building supplies. Let's just say the atmosphere was a little tense yesterday. However Peter went out early this morning and was back by 9.00 ready for me to start work.
And I've had a productive day. Two coats of cement later and all the holes in the render on the garden wall have been filled in. I even found an rough piece of stone to add some texture to the surface of the mortar to help it blend in with the bumpy texture of the original render. I also filled the many cracks in the wall with builders' adhesive, the sort that comes in a tube. I thought I'd come up with the idea but when I looked on-line to see how to patch render on an outside wall that is exactly what was advised for small cracks.
I used the last of the mortar to fill in some random holes around the paving by the garage. Not the prettiest of finishes but better than before.

And that has more or less been my day plus some washing and ironing and a spell sitting out on the terrace. Later I'll be off to choir.

No comments: