Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday, 27 July 2026

Grey Clouds But No Rain.

Mostly grey clouds today but despite a gentle mist later in the afternoon no sign of any rain yet. I guess I'll have to get the hose out again for the tomatoes.

 
My job for today was to fill in the gap at the edge of the paving with cement. There was also a little bit of render to be filled in by the back gate. 
Then as I had some spare mortar I filled in where the pointing had fallen out on our side of the wall that holds back our neighbour's garden. I think it's her wall but I'd rather not have her garden end up in our drive. I used any left over mortar to fill in the gaps between the paving slabs in the back garden.
I finished off with more hedge cutting in the front garden. The poor escallonia is looking very bare but should grow back by the end of the summer.

I've already had an email from the fabric company apologising for their mistake and hopefully the replacement muslin will arrive soon. In the meantime I shall get on with my latest sequined top for disco aerobics. 


No comments: