Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 6 August 2011

Book Sorting.

We had the briefest of sunny spells this afternoon but for the most part it has been raining.

We were back in town this morning as Romas was taking advantage of the free eye test offer at Tescos and has ordered a new pair of glasses from the £15 range. While he was having his eyes tested Vicky and I looked at clothes but didn't find anything apart from a pair of half-price sparkly flip-flops for me.


Back home Romas spent most off the time putting the finishing touches to his banner. It will show up well at gigs though if I was to be really fussy I would prefer 'Society' to have been centered and straightened. Still, very good for a first attempt at a total cost of £20 for materials. I spent my day painting walls and taking down the books from one of the book cases in the sitting room. At the same time I've been trying to clear out stuff either for the charity shop or in the case of old plumbing parts catalogues etc for the dustmen. The more I can clear the better but I do find it very hard to part with stuff. Things that have survived the cull are a Norwegian story book with handwritten German translation (neither of which I can read) given to me for my 2nd birthday, an amusing diary spanning a couple of weeks written by Vytas when we first moved here and an album containing all the cards we received for our wedding 34 years ago. How could I get rid of any of those?

1 comment:

Harriet said...

Ruta.....The sign is wonderful and will show up very nicely. As for centering, it is what it is..perfection is too hard to do. Sorting and tossing--how do we choose between a memory and junk? In my humble opinion....save the cards and save the journal. Not long ago, I gave my son a one year record diary of his allergy/ashthma symptoms noting both the weather, his activity and food. He looked at it I'm sure wondering what in the world...then said "Mom you had to note every day for a year on my sneezing, coughing etc." I answered..."not for one year, my dear, but for 10 years". He wondered how between working, caring for my chldren, cooking, cleaning, garening etc. I ever found a minute for myself. Well, I didn't but I do now. Hang onto what is dear to you, share what you no longer need and throw away that which has no use.