Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 4 August 2011

Very Wet.

Woke this morning to heavy rain which continued until the afternoon. Possibly this might explain the non-appearance of Fred to start plastering the sitting room. It dried up in the afternoon and I was able to do some more weeding around the scree garden. Vicky and Romas primed the bare plaster walls in the hall so now it is ready to be painted. In ...... dazzling white which is the only colour on any of the downstairs walls. Perhaps my preference for large open spaces painted white harks back to my early days when I lived in an art gallery in St Ives.
The progression of summer flowers moves on and soon hopefully the garden will be full of butterflies attracted to the various species of sedum and the buddlia bushes.

No comments: