Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 17 September 2011

Fair - Not.

I had hoped to be posting pictures from the annual Barnstaple Fair which is taking place this weekend but things conspired to end up with us not going. We were going to give the carnival a miss as that happens in the afternoon and I have watched or taken part in enough carnivals over the years but had planned to be in town for the fireworks (which are happening as I type) but that didn't happen. The day has been one of blustery showers so we might have been caught in the rain (or not), and then there was the new TV . We had been waiting all day and it finally arrived just before 5.00. The men were a bit taken aback by the size of the old TV which they had to take away. Such a shame to throw it out but Peter didn't want me to offer it on Freecycle as he is uncomfortable with people coming to the house. It took us a while to unpack the new TV and get it running (Peter got Sky working again) and it still has a blue/green cast to the picture. The help desk weren't surprised by this so it must be a fairly common problem. They've suggested some ways of adjusting the setting otherwise it will have to be replaced.


As well as missing the fireworks we would also have gone for a walk around the fair to soak up the atmosphere and I was looking forward to throwing my dignity to the winds and having another ride on the merry-go-round horses. Oh well, I can try to get there next year.
I did quite a lot of garden work inbetween the showers so the day hasn't been wasted.

No comments: