Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 7 September 2011

New Playtimes.

More wind and some rain today. The forecast is for the same all week. After a morning of sorting my school papers (9 boxes to be sorted through!), I had to be at work in time for a lunchtime staff meeting. Then it was time to teach my new Year 2 class. We did some singing and after that it was time for PE. We were told today that the afternoon playtime routine has been changed which was a bit of a surprise. Previously the Year 1 & 2 classes had their afternoon playtime together with 2 teachers being 'on duty' to look after the children and the other teachers getting a chance to clear up, have a cup of tea or go to the toilet. Now we are free to take our children out at any time (for 10 mins) so you could combine with another class but you are still required to stay outside with your children. I did raise the question of what happens if you are on your own and (as often happens) a child cuts themselves or bangs their head but was told to simply send for help. We'll see how that works. On the plus side I had nothing to do after school and was back home by 4.10. That seemed so strange as last year I would generally not even leave until 5.30.
Back home there was time for a quick walk around the garden before doing some housework. I did notice that the lavender bushes seem to have had a second flush of flowers. My teaching week has now finished so perhaps I will get a chance to spend some time outside in the garden.



No comments: