Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 27 September 2011

Greedy Speedy.

Speedy continues to live up to his name. His favourite trick is to leap up, sink his his teeth into something tasty and zoom off as fast as possible all in one move. Until he learns that this is not allowed he gets shouted at and thrown out of doors. He also wolfs his food as if he hasn't eaten for days. I had put this down to him being a starving stray before Fred gave him a home but I decided to worm him again just in case. A while ago I discovered worming granules that you simply sprinkle on the cats' food which was a welcome relief from trying to push a tablet down a struggling cat's throat. However today I only had a tablet so I tried to slip it into his mouth with no success. Tablet spat out on the floor and a couple of small scratches in my hand. Before I threw the tablet away I had a sudden thought and dropped it into Speedy's bowl in the dry food which he was gobbling up at his usual rate. A drop of milk to make it more palatable and in a few seconds the bowl was empty. Job done. Then 10 mins later he was up on the counter again munching his way through a home grown tomato! The weather has continued to get better and better. It was roasting in the afternoon and at school the children were complaining about being too hot.
In the morning I hung some washing outside and even the towels were nearly dry by the time I got home.

The afternoon golden sun was lighting up the tops of the trees and my neighbour's lake even though our house was already in the shade. It shows how important it is to chose a good site when building a house. (That's if you are fortunate enough to have a choice.) There are a lot of wild ducks on Paul's lake but there are not many of the call ducks left.

No comments: