Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 18 October 2011

Interesting Skies.

Yesterday's forecast for snow seems to have been a bit of a dramatisation as today the talk was of wintry showers, the possibility of frost and the only mention of snow was on the mountain tops. It was chilly but bright today. I had to leave an hour earlier for work as we had a lunchtime staff meeting so there was not much time for 'home' work. I did a little painting and some final fitting of the stair carpet which the youngsters kindly fitted for me in the summer. I also managed to squeeze in an hour outside, sweeping up the leaves on the front patio. With the sun on my back and the wind roaring in the trees it felt as if I was down by the sea.
Not only are these pink roses the brightest flowers in the garden but they are remarkably resistant to the wind and the flowers cling stubbornly in the strongest of winds.


Out in the playground this afternoon we suddenly noticed 'rainbows' running across the bottom of the cirrus clouds high above the fluffy cummulus clouds. Naturally by the time I had rushed in to get my camera the effect had gone.


After work I drove over to Tescos to stock up on some basics in case we do get bad weather. Then I dropped into B&Q to exchange 2 tubes of window filler which had turned out to be brown rather than white. Finally a flying visit to the Co-Op to check out the bargains. Not so much today, just a couple of bags of potatoes, grapes, mozzarello cheese and some cooked chicken wings.

There was quite a dramatic sunset on the way home.


Looking back along the road I could see the rain already falling over Bratton Flemming.



Home in time to wash my hair and type up a plan for tomorrow as I am teaching all day.

1 comment:

happyone said...

Great sky shots!!
I like the pink roses against the green and blue. Very pretty.