Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 4 October 2011

No Socks ?

It's was dry but overcast in town and gently drizzling up here. This morning I was clearing a chest of drawers in our bedroom when I 'discovered' 21 pairs of Peter's socks. And this is the man who plaintively asks if I can buy some socks next time I am in Primark because he hasn't got any! Somehow the function of a chest of drawers seems to have passed him by and he prefers to leave his clothes in handy heaps on the floor. Admittedly he only had one drawer but I have managed to rehome all the other stuff, mostly in the bin. I find that large clear plastic boxes with lids are much better for storage and they also help to prevent things getting damp whereas wooden furniture tends to attract the damp.
When I got home from work it was to find some delivery men waiting with our replacement TV. After only 10 days use the plasma TV suddenly lost half the screen. Dixons agreed to replace it but it has been a bit of a trial co-ordinating delivery times. First they spent a week phoning up and asking for various numbers from the back of the screen. Then when it came to delivery, in spite of us saying there was no-one at home in the afternoons we were given a delivery slot of 10.30 - 2.30. I left a note on the door saying when I would be home and as they were running late anyway they only had to wait 10 mins for me. As I came down into the yard I could see they had Speedy in the front of their van. He is such an inquisitive cat and often jumps into cars if the doors are left open.

The men unpacked the new TV and set it all up so hopefully there should be no more problems. Now we can settle down on those winter's nights and watch Strictly in its full glory.



The cats know the warmest places in the house and Smudge is often found in this large pot by the Rayburn. (Don't worry, I only use this pot for boiling my t-towels and an occasional jam making session.)

No comments: