Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 5 October 2011

WWW.

It has been wet, windy and warm today so I was quite happy to be teaching for the whole day though it was a bit of an effort to get up before Peter. Normally I wait until he has gone before starting my day properly.
As I look through the window I can see the tree branches waving back and forth and hear the steady patter of the rain upon the conservatory roof.


Since coming home I have sorted more of Peter's clothes into storage boxes hoping that will encourage him to keep things a little tidier - stress on the word hoping. Next I shall cook up another big saucepan of apples. I have to freeze the puree in batches as I can only make one tray of apple leather at a time. I found some chopped nuts in the cupboard and they are really good sprinkled on the on the apple sauce before it goes in the warmer to dry. Needless to say I keep on having to snack on the fruit leather , well it is fruit so it must be good for me.



The weather conditions should be perfect for field mushrooms. I shall have to have a look around though I won't be going in Ron's fields as he has a group of noisy and feisty bullocks in there. One of them frequently comes down near the house, starts hooting and hollering and even paws at the ground with its head lowered so that clumps of soil fly up in the air. I think that qualifies as aggression.

2 comments:

happyone said...

You've got the rain and now we finally have some sun. It's been around all day long!!

Marrisa said...

Oh I miss a good mushroom picking. Used to go with my parents when I was little and loved it. Still have a passion for them now!