Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 18 May 2016

First Viewers.

The day started off with torrential downpours. Not the best weather for the first lot of potential buyers to come and view the place. Fortunately the rain cleared up and it was bright and sunny for the viewing. I sat in my car reading a book while they went round with the estate agent but  it doesn't sound as if this is quite what they wanted. Somebody will come and fall in love with the place eventually.
It was dry enough at school for me to take my class out for PE though I think we all got slightly damp bottoms when I moved us all to the no-mow for some floor work. A bonus today in that we had no staff meeting. I went over to the Co-Op for milk and veg but was still home nice and early. I was thinking about mowing the grass but we have people coming to look at the place next Monday so I'll save cutting the grass until the weekend. Hopefully there will be a dry spell at some point. 
The goose family is doing well, still 7 goslings who are looking more like little geese every day. The parents are very protective and not one gosling has been lost this year.
I stopped on the way home to take photos of sheep and lambs. This lot are in a field of fodder swedes which have just been left where they grew. The sheep are happily eating them but if we have wet weather the poor sheep get covered in mud. 

1 comment:

Harriet said...

Your lamb photo is sweet. They are so cute until mud dirties them. When we sold our first house, I can remember hearing comments, not complimentary either, as I saw outside trying to not be obvious. The right people will come at the right time and fall in love with your paradise.