Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 27 June 2024

Cake & Cultivate.

A brief moment of drama in last night's sunset with the low cloudbank sending streaks of light up under the closer clouds.
Today it has been very windy. A good drying day but I could only rustle up one machine load. Unless I wanted to start on the curtains there's nothing left to wash. At least for a couple of days.
It's now summer holidays for the university so no Zoom classes for the next 10 weeks. Instead I am free to go down to the community gardens for Cake & Cultivate.
I cycled down. It's the first time this year I've had the bike out and apart from the last steep slope I was fine on the way there. Coming home I was fighting against the wind and having stopped to talk to a friend near the RNLI I gave up the battle against the wind and pushed my bike the rest of the way home. Even that was hard work.
It was great to meet up with old friends and some new people though of course I see some of the group at the other things I do or around the village.
Plenty growing in the communal polytunnel.
A fox recently killed the gardens' three hens. Hopefully the new hens will be safe.
A new art work, or a worn out gardener taking a rest on the compost heap?
At home I went out in the garden and filled up another bag with clippings. In general I like to let flowering plants go to seed, seeds heads have their own beauty and it's fun to find self sown seedlings but with limited space some plants had to be cut back.
Disco aerobics was fun as usual. Numbers were down a bit as covid is doing the rounds again. It is our instructor's birthday (and she is retiring from her job at the uni) so she brought in prosecco and nozecco (alcohol free) and mini meringues for everyone to celebrate.  

 

No comments: