Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 26 June 2024

Sea Mist.

It's been a day of very hot sun and a sea mist which rolled in and out and didn't clear until mid-afternoon. 
I was up early but by the time I'd done the usual morning jobs and put out the bins and the recycling the sky had turned hazy.. The sun reappeared soon after but then the sea mist began to rise and roll in and out. One moment we had a view, then next we didn't.
6.40 am.
9.46 am.
10.02 am.
10.32 am.
11.09 am.
12.11.
And this is how it stayed for the next few hours. I was so concerned that the mist was creeping up the cliff that I took the rugs off their drying racks and back indoors.
3.00 pm. 
The digital thermometer in the sun read 38.7C/101.6F ! 

When I got up this morning and saw that it looked as if it would be a sunny day I decided to give myself a day off. Or at least a day when I took things easy. 
Since it was bin day I began by clearing a few dubious items from the dodgy freezer. Then in order to empty the bleach container I cleaned the windowsill in the utility room which up till now had been used as a plant propagating area and from there went on to do the outside of the window. Sorting out the utility room is my next project and I hope to have it all done before the new freezer arrives which hopefully will be next week. Being a good day for drying (in the back garden) the washing machine has worked overtime. All the dust sheets are done and clothes washed as well. Whilst I was in a cleaning frenzy the dustbins were scrubbed out too. Because all our food waste is collected separately they don't get nasty but a yearly clean doesn't hurt.
Having applied sunscreen to myself and Speedy I eventually sat outside to read but the heat and hardly any breeze drove us inside after a while. The waves are only breaking at ankle depth so it isn't worth taking a bodyboard down to the sea which is what I would really like to do.


 

No comments: