Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday, 8 October 2026

I will get/have/go/be confused.

There was a weird yellow light this morning which made us wonder if a storm was on its way. No storm but it has been very cold. I picked the last red tomatoes today and doubt if the remaining small, green tomatoes will ripen. (And I won't be making chutney.)
Last night at choir we practised the songs we'll be singing at a 'Festival of Communities' at the uni this Sunday. We've only been allocated 5 minutes, time for three shortened songs. I wasn't too sure of two of them and my usual practice of winging it doesn't work when there are only three tenors. Plus I forgot that the Welsh song has full sentences after the initial words of the three lines. And I wasn't too sure of the second verse of Harbour. Better get practising and write the words down on a card as well.
But on a better note people have been bringing garden surplus to choir and yesterday I came home with a big slice of pumpkin and a bag of cooking apples.
I got a pumpkin soup started first thing this morning using up grated carrot and chopped onions I froze a while back. From the fridge went in some chorizo and a couple of our own potatoes and the result should be a good warming soup. That said I'm having a salad tonight followed by a baked apple. Soup will be for the weekend. I've also got the apple stewing on the cooker.
Welsh class was hard today as we try to get our heads around more future tenses. Mi ga i I will have/get, mi a i I will go, Mi wna i I will do/make. All so similar but with different meanings and of course they all change for you/he/she/we/they/us. 
Time for a break and then I'll be off to disco aerobics to clear my head with some fun dancing.

Back to St Ives.
 
Some wave photos with surfers which give a better idea of the size of the waves.

No lifeguards at this end of the beach, just a red flag!
You need to click on the photo above to see the many surfers at the far end of the beach.




No comments: