Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday, 7 October 2026

Ouch !

Today's ouch, a big one at that, was a visit to the dentist. Not physical pain but ouch nonetheless at the cost of my new denture, a whopping £1,900. That's just for a lower denture, I'm not bothering with an upper denture, not at those prices. They even wanted me to pay for the whole lot in one go. As a point of principle I agreed to pay half today and the other half at the next visit. 
The reason for the denture is not so much cosmetic though it will be nice not to have such visible gaps but to make it possible to chew with more than one pair of teeth after breaking a tooth in Crete last year. Something that's kind of necessary though you don't need teeth for ice cream or cakes!
It's been chilly but mostly bright today and as there were plenty of waves in Cardigan Bay I thought I would share some wave photos from St Ives .
 
It's no wonder that artists and later holiday makers have flocked to St Ives for over 200 years. The colours and majesty of the Atlantic waves are simply amazing.


And yes, the sea was all these different colours. I could have sat for hours watching the waves.
Enjoy.









2 comments:

HappyK said...

That IS an ouch!! The photos are gorgeous!!!

panoelounda said...

Oh I do feel your pain after having similar problems! Lovely photos of Borth !!!