All will be revealed.
We've had a dry day (just taken a quick break to go and bring in the washing from the line) with a bit of a breeze and some sun too.
Before going out for the afternoon I decided to put our suitcases back in the loft as we won't be going anywhere for a while now. Closing up the loft hatch I let it swing back too hard and the screws ripped out of one of the hinges. Repairing that needed Peter going up the ladder to hold the hatch in place while I climbed back into the loft to put in larger screws from above.
Then I went off to sing with the choir in the Arts' Centre at the uni. As well as talks on Bone Health and on The Role of Culture and Literature in Social Cohesion which I'm afraid I didn't go to there were 19 performances of song and dance from different cultures.
We missed the first set of performances (that's us in our Sing for Water blue). Instead we met up by the shop (full of nice but expensive books, ceramics and pictures), had a coffee and then went to rehearse in the dance studio. There were great acoustics in there and with people either having practised the songs or written out some of the words (me too) we did much better than at choir on Wednesday. Afterwards some of us couldn't resist doing some ballet exercises at the barre on the wall. How had I known to wear my blue leggings?
This is a version of This is Home, from the internet, our third song.
Then we were brought to the Green Room where we waited with the other performers until it was our turn to go on stage. In there we watched the young energetic Welsh clog dancers, graceful ladies from Sri Lanka, Indonesian dancing and an Indian singer on the large screen.
The student ASMs got us onto the stage efficiently where we sang our three songs pretty well (I think) to a fairly full auditorium. Intriguing was the presence of misting machines at the back of the stage. These weren't providing a special effect but I wonder if they were to stop the air from drying out for the sake of the people singing.
We joined the main audience to watch the final set of performances which included an Indian gentleman who got everyone participating in Laughing Yoga. It was interesting and fun to shed our Western inhibitions for a moment.
Afterwards everyone was invited to The Great Hall to share a delicious chickpea and spinach curry served with rice and naan bread. No need to make supper tonight.



No comments:
Post a Comment