Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 29 July 2014

Breezy.

Photos from yesterday.
This morning it looked as if we were going to have another blazing hot day but it wasn't long before the clouds rolled in along with a good breeze. It was still dry so I was able to hot water weed the rest of the paving around the scree garden while doing biceps curls as I walked up and, taking multitasking one step onwards, each time I waited for the kettle to fill I worked on my knitted cosy first working out how many stitches I would need and then unraveling my test piece. That's efficiency for you.
Then I cut down the flowering grass that forms the 'fountain' in the middle of the circle of Sedum Autumn Joy. If left any longer the plantlets would fall and start rooting amongst the stones. I also did some dead heading and tidying up of the stone wall. I can now appreciate how good it is to have plants growing in and on a wall when bending is a problem. 
Another job on my list was to phone the dentist to make an appointment. I'm not sure if the evil pain in my jaw is tooth, gums or sinus related, probably sinuses, but I thought I should start with the dentist. At least they can take x-rays and say if there's a problem with my teeth though a number of times they've treated my teeth or removed them and when the pain persists they say it's my sinuses. Whatever it is it's not very nice. 
I have a pumpkin, small and fuzzy but  it will get bigger. Patch strolled into the kitchen yesterday morning looking rather as if he had swallowed a pumpkin. I went to check the conservatory in case he had brought home a big rabbit or other creature but when I got there I saw the reason for his fat tummy. Peter had forgotten to put the lid back on the cat food bin so Speedy and Patch had enjoyed an all-you-can-eat night. Very short rations for the pair of them last night and tonight. 
Here's the test piece for my knitted cosy. I've started on the real thing now which shouldn't take long to knit. Though it was a bit difficult to knit with a cat on my lap chewing on the end of the knitting needle and trying to tangle up the wool.
Loud cries of great joy = I just checked my external hard drive and I had backed up my 2 word folders, all my school stuff and other bits I wanted to keep. So all I've lost are 2 weeks of photos and those documents with the URL's of my favourite sites. What a relief!!!

1 comment:

happyone said...

We are getting some pumpkins too. : ) We are so excited about them.

It's been chilly here today. Had to wear my sweatshirt!!