Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 28 July 2014

IT Disaster.

It finally happened, my poor old PC gave up the ghost, is no more etc and even worse it's taken all my files because the only stuff I had saved on my external hard drive were my photos at least up to 2 weeks ago. Peter has tried varies ways to retrieve the files but the hard drive is corrupted. So now I have to decide if I want to pay out lots of cash to try and get back those missing files. I am a little annoyed with Peter as he has been promising to swap my PC for months but I am even more cross with myself because although I backed up most of my photos all I had done with my word documents was to sort them into 2 folders which I was going to but didn't move onto my external hard drive. I was saving that for the time when all the downloads for this PC were finished and we were ready to change everything over. Luckily this PC was ready to work, sort of but it's been a hassle trying to get back onto pages which were saved as favourites. Would you believe I even created some word documents onto which I had copied the URL of the favourites I wanted to keep, but they're gone along with everything else.
Up until this disaster hit I had quite a good day. It was pouring with rain all morning long but the sun came out at lunchtime. I've found I can do most of my usual jobs but I'm making sure that I rest in between spurts of activity. My main gardening job was to hot-water weed half of the paving around the scree garden. As I walked up the drive with a heavy kettle in my hand I thought I could multitask and do some arm exercises slowly lifting up the kettle and then lowering it, sort of a biceps curl but not so extreme. 20 of those up to the scree garden each time swapping arms each trip. I do want to try and keep up some sort of exercise even if it is only for my arms at the moment. I did some deadheading of the buddlias too keeping clear of all the bees. I also made a start on one of my convalescence projects, knitting a cosy for my cafetiere. That was where the PC problem started because the page with the pattern I'm basing my cosy on started acting weird. I thought I had downloaded a virus and when my PC refused to turn off I held the button in and pulled the plug out of the wall which I have now been told was the wrong thing to do. Anyway I've knitted a sample section and can start on the cosy tomorrow. (Maybe I'll be able to put my photos on this PC then.)

1 comment:

happyone said...

Sorry to hear that not so good news!!!