Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 20 July 2014

Warm.

It's been another overcast but warm day. I'm off to hospital tomorrow so today I've been doing lots of housework including a thorough clean of our bedroom and bathroom. That's not so much because I fear germs but more to make the room nice especially if I'll be spending some extra time in bed. My favourite bedding is freshly ironed and on the bed and I even picked some miniature roses to put on the window sill. I had thought the garden was fairly under control but when I went up to the scree garden I saw that the magical spring snow which was really thousands of fluffy seeds had resulted in said seeds sprouting between all the paving especially where it lacks mortar. First I gave the scree garden itself a thorough weed and then I pulled up the worst of the weeds in the paving. The rest will get the hot water treatment. The only thing I regret not having done is picking more blackcurrants but I just ran out of time. Peter was out on the river for most of the day helping with the taster sessions for people who had shown an interest at the Gig Club stand yesterday.
More pictures from the Green Man Festival.
 The Flea Circus.

 Local Crafts.


I was tempted have a henna design on my hand but I don't think it would have gone down too well at the hospital. Next year maybe.

No comments: