The wind is now coming from the north-east which gives it a bit of a bite but it has been sunny all day. Good for the washing that went out on the line.
My first job this morning was to hoover the bedroom carpet and then wash the grubby bits. I really should have had some bound runners made to go beside the bed as it's such a shame to see the carpet looking less than pristine in those areas. Though I have to say that Peter now takes his outdoor boots off in the utility room to save tracking in dirt.
I'm in and out of the house so often that my strategy is to take off any outdoor shoes either in the utility room or at least before I go in the bedroom. At the moment I spend a lot of time with bare feet indoors. It's surprising I haven't stood on any of the pins I've been scattering around the place as I go from the sewing machine in the kitchen to my work surface on the spare bed in the study or to the ironing board which I sometimes set up in the sitting room and sometimes in here.
Most of my day has been spent working on the black-out curtains. Above you can see the difference adding the cream muslin makes. On the left the curtain has definite grey tinge while on the right the extra layer softens the white making it closer to the wall colour.
I still need to hand sew down the sides which I left for another day as I had ironing and then supper preparation to do.
No comments:
Post a Comment