Photos from yesterday's walk.
Quite interesting weather today. It was a little cloudy in the morning but then suddenly became very warm indeed. After our Welsh practice at the library in Mach I had my usual stroll around the charity shops (didn't find anything today). Each time I came out of a shop (they didn't have air conditioning) walking outside was like jumping into a warm bath. An unusual, for the UK, and pleasant experience.
Back home by the sea the air temperature was not so dramatically warm but not cold either. Then the sky clouded over and for a short time we had rain. It didn't last long here though inland the clouds were very dark so maybe they had more rain.
The first thing I'd done on arriving home was to bake another Bara Brith as Peter was down to the last slice of the one in the cupboard. This time the Bara Brith didn't have so many nuts as somebody had been munching their way through the packet that had been in the cupboard. I did add some extra walnuts from the tub of walnuts we keep to have with breakfast.
Afterwards I'd planned to do a bit of outdoor painting but as it had turned wet by that point I decided to do some sewing instead.
I had thought it would be simple to get two basic curtains sewn but I only got half-way before stopping for the day. Although I only need to sew six seams it was the careful measuring, cutting and pinning of the 140cm wide fabrics that took time. Knowing my tendency to make silly mistakes I measured and re-measured several times for each of the four large pieces of fabric.
I've hemmed the muslin which is now pinned to the black-out fabric so all that should be left to do is to pin and sew on the curtain header tape. I've left the sewing machine set up so with any luck I'll finish the curtains tomorrow and won't have to keep climbing on a stool to fix the throw across the window to block out the light escaping around the edges of the venetian blind.
No comments:
Post a Comment