Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 5 December 2009

Chocolate With Chilli ?


The few flowers that are left in the garden are looking wet and bedraggled. We're back to the wet and not so cold weather once more. I have finally taken down most of the hanging baskets round the front door as although they haven't been affected by the couple of frosts we've had, there are only a few flowers left on each. Instead I've hung up some windchimes, (bl...y Shagri La mutters Peter when the wind sets them gently chiming).
I got up early, for a Saturday, and Linas and I went into town for a bit of shopping. Instead of heading for the main post office I decided to drive right across town to one of the few sub-post offices left. This was a wise choice as I only had 1 person in front of me in the queue and I know at this time of year the queue in the main post office winds back and forth and is often right out of the door. Despite having made a trip to BF's yesterday Linas persuaded me to drop in again so that he could stock up on his diet lemonade. It is very cheap but I hate buying it because the plastic bottles are heavy and cumbersome.

I did take a few photos inside the store to show the warehouse feel. Nothing like the white gleaming palaces of the big national chains , Tesco's, Sainsburies or even the slightly more downmarket Aldi or Morrison's. I do get a bit nervous taking pictures inside shops because I think that I'll be accused of industrial espionage. If it's a small shop I ask first and only take a few pictures.
These very expensive bars of chocolate have been on display for some time. The exotic flavours, including caramel & sea salt and further along the shelf one with chilli, can't really appeal to the usual BF shopper and the prices at 4 or 5 times even the fanciest chocolate bars would certainly be off putting. If the prices suddenly get slashed I might try some but maybe not the sea salt or the chilli ones.

2 comments:

Domestic Executive said...

Chilli and chocolate is a great combination but I'm not sure I'd fancy a whole bar.

happyone said...

No flowers at all left here by me. We got our first snow yesterday.