Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 2 December 2009

Dark Evenings.

Welcome to all of you visiting this blog. The map on my site manager is showing visitors from all over the globe which I find fascinating.


It gets dark so early these days, no wonder ancient people celebrated the turning of the year. As I drove home along the dark lanes this evening the headlights of my car picked out a large barn owl sitting ontop of a hedge. The owl turned its large dish-like face to me before gliding away majestically.Today was the Christmas Fayre at school. Many of the parents came and took their children around the fayre but I still had 9 children to supervise. Father Christmas has lost a lot of weight since last year but it is so sweet to see how thrilled the children are to talk to him. In the last week of term we will also get a helicopter fly past with Father Christmas waving from the doorway.
We had PPA again this afternoon, I'm finding it strange not to be having to think ahead for next term. There is still plenty to complete for this term and at the same time my fingers are itching to make preparations for next term's topics but it won't be my responsibility anymore. That's good in terms of stress but sad in terms of buzz and adding my input. Oh well, something always turns up.

4 comments:

Elora said...

Lucky girl to have seen a barn owl! We have a Great Horned Owl family on our farm, but I've never seen a barn owl here. Your moon shots are lovely! I find myself reflecting on the fact that the same moon connects us all across the world with its light. When I lived in Alaska, so far away from my farm, it was somehow comforting to gaze at the moon knowing that it was not only shining on the Native Alaskan village where I taught school and lived at that moment, but shining on my farm where I longed to be. I remember one night seeing a huge flock of cranes migrating against the backdrop of the full moon. Thank you for you beautiful photos, Ruta, and your views of your world that give us all so much pleasure!

Julie said...

it is because you have such great pictures and your are fun to read about :)

Catching the Magic said...

I always find it fascinating to see the statistics of visitors to and it would be so nice to hear from some 'lurkers' from time to time.

I love this photograph you took. It's so great that your school does so many wonderful festive things. We don't have much of that at Charli's New Zealand school, which is quite sad. Never mind, I make sure we do plenty of fun stuff at home.

Domestic Executive said...

Great to see how much you are enjoying your new camera. I've been swamped lately so apologies for not commenting much, although I do read up every day.