Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 29 December 2009

A Rainy Day.

This post may not make sense today. I got so fed up of my dreadful sore throat that I gave in and made myself a hot whiskey toddy. Very soothing for the throat but when you are almost teetotal it goes straight to your head. I do feel a lot better but somewhat under the influence. it has been raining for most of the day. Too much to contemplate going down to the coast once the shopping party returned from town. Peter had to go into to work today so it was a very early start this morning. My day has been spent pottering about in the kitchen while others read, drew , painted or built models.
Vytas and Romas are currently fighting a wargame with Vytas' well painted skeleton army,


and Romas' not fully painted Warriors of Chaos army. More painting and modelling is going on as I type and we await a beef curry which is simmering away. For dessert we shall try some of the barfi (sweet) selection that Vytas and Kate bought me for Christmas. Leicester has the biggest Asian community in the UK and I have been pointing out to them that they are lucky to be able to participate in different cultures, taking part in big celebrations such as Diwali and of course enjoying different types of food. It has been a long time since I went to wedding parties with my Asian friends.

1 comment:

Domestic Executive said...

Sorry you are not well but glad that that medicinal drink is at least numbing the pain. We've had a beautiful day but now it's pelting southerly rain making it exceedingly cold and driving wind. Oh well, good excuse to come indoors. Take care, hope you're feeling better soon.