Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 6 December 2009

Sun And Waves.

Peter's knee has been playing him up so I went down to Woolacombe on my own today. The road was still flooded just past Mullacot but I drove through slowly. Some drivers still rushed through making great waves and spraying the windows of other cars! It rained heavily as I drove down into the combe but I wasn't able to park quickly enough to get a photo of the rainbow which dipped down into the sea. I was almost hoping for another rain shower so that I'd get another chance at a rainbow but instead the sun came out.

It was quite sheltered when I went down onto Barricane Beach. The tide was further out than last week but all the shells had been washed back out to sea. Also missing were the snakes locks sea anemones, I checked all around the pool they had been in but not a sign. Had they crawled away or been washed away?

As it remained dry I had a walk along the cliffs to Barricane Beach and then back towards Woolacombe.






The waves always fascinate me and I took lots of pictures most of which were in focus.


Back home I got to grips with starting on Romas' room as he'll be back from uni in a couple of weeks. I chucked out as much as possible and then put everything else in boxes and will give him a deadline to retrieve anything he wants before they go to the charity shop or the dump. I did this once before and it worked really well as he let most of the junk go. Redecorating his room will have to wait until he goes back to uni as I haven't had a moment to spare this term. We finished off the day with a kebab feast in honour of Linas' birthday tomorrow. Very unhealthy but it was his choice.
Coming up soon- the recipe for cabbage, cheese and potato casserole.

1 comment:

Domestic Executive said...

Looks like perfect beach walking weather - I love the crashing waves. It made me chuckle to read your room clearing techniques. I might try that on Martin who is a terrible hoarder but he'd never admit it!