Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 1 December 2009

Close Encounter With A Buzzard.

It was very cold this morning, so cold that I had to de-ice the car before going off to work.

Even so I couldn't resist stopping up at Ashelford Corner to capture the colours of the sunrise, my poor little fingers were frozen by the time I had taken a few pictures.
A little way down the road I was just thinking that now I have a better zoom on my camera I should be able to get a decent shot of a buzzard when suddenly there was a buzzard, standing on the road ahead. I braked hard, the buzzard did his best to do a vertical take off , slid past the windscreen and missed the roof of the car by a few inches with a most indignant squawk. Further down the road there were 2 more buzzards who were sitting sensibly on top of the telegraph poles waiting for the sun to rise and the air to warm. It became a bit warmer during the day as the rain, (not so heavy today) returned. In the afternoon we had playtime outside even though it was raining because the children had spent over an hour in the hall at another rehearsal. The performance gets better each time , let's hope we don't peak too early. My kitchen table is currently covered with strands of silver lammetta being turned into shimmering wrist bands for my 15 stars. Off I go now to carry on making those 30 bracelets.

2 comments:

happyone said...

WOW, that last picture is awesome!!

Catching the Magic said...

Absolutely breathtaking! The last photo really is something else. Thank you for nearly freezing your fingers off to share with us! x