Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 4 December 2009

Shopping.


( Barnstaple bridge taken in Dec last year.)
A complete dearth of photos today as I have been rushed right off my feet and even though I left school early to go to Brian Ford's to do some shopping it was already dark by the time I had driven across the river. This morning was pretty stressful as my TA for the morning was ill so I was going to have to get 30 children dressed, face painted and photographed on my own. Luckily another teacher came in to help me and I decided to leave the photographs until Monday. The overall performance and my class' dances went well but there was an awful lot of fussing and chatting from some of my children while the narrators and actors were trying to speak. After praising them for their dancing I did have to give some of them a real telling off because otherwise they will spoil the older children's performances. The shimmering bracelets look very effective but we are leaving a trail of silver strands wherever we sit, little fingers will pick! The 'stars' from the other class had some very glittery silver facepaint, I'll see if I can find some in town tomorrow as the person who brought it in had borrowed it from her daughter. I decided to go and do the household shopping at BF's tonight even though I'll be in town tomorrow. I find it some much more relaxing if I only have to make one stop to wander round town and walk to the post office and the library rather than have to finish off with a food shop run as well. I quite like going to BF's which although it has the slightly run down warehouse feel of a budget store it has a surprisingly good range of fresh fruit and veg . I don't feel guilty if I treat myself to some exotic fruit (chocolate and cakes are a terrible temptation), and tonight I bought a fresh fig (and some persimmons from Lydll's) . BF's is always a bit of an adventure as you can find cheap short coded items and they have interesting frozen items from a catering company that supplies restaurants and pubs. They even have some quite exotic items such as ostrich steaks (yes - from farmed ostriches), and tinned chestnuts but no canned pumpkin (in joke here). They have a good selection of Christmas puddings but as only Romas and I will be eating it I bought a cheap one but then splurged out and bought a panettone which we usually have on Boxing day.

No comments: