Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 22 December 2009

Snow For Christmas ?

It was definitely snowing here this morning. Looking at the news a lot of the country seems to be in chaos, 2,000 cars abandoned on the ring road around Basingstoke, people sleeping in the bed section of a department store etc and there are all those people whose journeys were disrupted by the Channel Tunnel being closed after 5 trains broke down. I'm glad we're not planning to travel anywhere though Peter may not be able to get to work tomorrow and I've got a hospital appointment. At the very worst I'll do what I did before, walk and hitch but my neighbour has left his Landrover at the top of the hill as he needs to go in to get his son's Christmas present. As long as I can get in I'm not too worried about the return journey. Today of course I had to go out for a walk as it might all be gone by tomorrow.





This was how my neighbour got up the hill to his car. We are never actually trapped down here in the valley as Paul also has a tractor, not sure how it would manage the hill, and we are only 6 miles from town with plenty of neighbours around but it is fun to start thinking in survival mode (only fun when it isn't serious). As long as we have power, life goes on fairly normally. In the rare case of loosing power we do have to abandon our hi-tech entertainment which is a bit of a wrench for the boys and life does seem a bit boring but generally power cuts never last more than a few hours. Here's hoping the road is passable tomorrow as Romas is desperate to get his new carpet and repaint his room before moving out of the spare room.




1 comment:

Cottage Rose said...

Hello Ruta; OH Wow... such beautiful photos... just gorgeous... You stay warm and safe.....

Merry Christmas

Hugs;
Alaura