Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 14 September 2021

A Good Day.

And we're back to blue skies again. 
Seeing the sun made such an improvement to my mood. Mind you there was also the fact that THE BUILDERS RETURNED!!! We've had three lads up in the loft, first clearing out the wood and other stuff and then starting putting down extra insulation before some flooring goes down. Later the boss turned up, worked in the loft for a bit and then after the chap who does the rendering had been to look at the front of the house the boss began tidying up the old render. The chap will be here to do the render next Monday or Tuesday, how good is that?
That's the state of the front so far. The only downside was finding that the door (on the left) through which the electric lead was going, wasn't pulled to as much as it could be and dust went everywhere. I wasn't too thrilled to find my Nikon which lives on the window sill covered in brick and cement dust.
Having withheld payment of the last bill for two months which we hadn't liked doing but felt we had no other way to motivate the builder to finish the front it was time to go and pay at the bank. While I was in town I did my usual round of the charity shops and found as few things. I'd been keeping an eye out for something a bit better than the heavy duty supermarket bags to carry my handbag and have a bit of room for small items of shopping. The spots on the black bag are actually shiny silver. It was brand new, still had the tag from Accesorise and cost me £3. Then I came across the other bag in another charity shop and with my initial in sparkly silver how could I not buy it for £1? My final purchase was this pretty vintage necklace for 50p.
One the way home I called in at the builders' merchant and bought some things we need. For things in the yard you pay first than go and wave the paper at the men in the yard. I'd paid for a bag of ready mix mortar but it turned out they didn't have any. Back I went to the counter where instead they let me have a bag of cement and a bag of sand for the same price. I have a feeling I did well out of the deal.
When I got home Peter and I put up the next fence post and one more trellis panel. Better and better.
With the lads stomping around in the loft and heavy drilling going on at the front of the house it was horribly noisy at home. So I made myself a large mug of coffee and went off to sit on one of the benches on the cliff with my Kindle.
A good but busy day that ended with a dramatic sunset.

 

1 comment:

happyone said...

Love the picture of the water, blue sky with clouds and the green grass. Beautiful colors!!