Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 26 September 2021

Windy.

It's been warm and dry all day with the winds getting stronger and blowing from the west.
This morning the sky was grey over a steely sea but a few hours later we were back to tropical skies above a blue sea. We then returned to the greyness by supper time.
I had two jobs planned for today, the first went well, the second didn't. Straight after brunch (or maybe it's still breakfast as I don't eat lunch) I got on with hanging up my Bryan Pierce picture. I was pretty much decided upon a sitting room wall though it looked better in the second option in the dinning area but wan't so prominent. Then I thought I might as well hang my biggest LOTR poster over the sofa as that space needs a big picture. However after much cleaning of the slightly too large acrylic clip frame that it is in and a second smaller one I realised that it wasn't quite right. I think I really need a piece of original artwork there. 
My other planned job was to finish the red felted dragon I've been making. I made some changes to the paper pattern for its wings and then found I don't have the right red felt. So that job has gone on hold until I visit the craft shop in Aber. As well as the craft shop there's also an arts supplies shop I can try. I guess that it's there to cater for the uni students.
Before settling outside for some reading I made a start on the homework we'd been set for the Welsh language course. Nearly 50 words to look at! Our teacher said we didn't have to learn them all straight away but I guess it would be worth having a try. That's going to be a challenge as I only knew 12 of them to start with. To help me practise I made flashcards for when I'm sitting outside. Welsh on one side and English on the other and I keep on going through them to fix them in my non-linguistic brain. 
Last night's film of the Borth Begins performance was very interesting. The herring fishing only made up the first segment and the rest was about the village from the early days when schooners and other cargo ships were built locally for the thriving cargo trade to the coming of the railway and the varied history  of the 100 bed hotel sadly demolished in 1976. The evening went on until nearly 10.00 but it was still amazingly warm as we walked home by the sea.

 

No comments: