Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 30 September 2021

Wet and Windy.

It has been raining steadily for most of the day and the wind has whipped up some pretty wild waves.
Thursdays are zoom class days which took up most of the afternoon. The class is supposed to be two hours but today went on for another 15 minutes. This week both my video and audio were working so Peter and I were able to stay in our studies and have our own boxes on the screen. That's better for Peter as not only does he have a head start but he likes to internalise the pronunciation while I'm happy to repeat the words out loud as many times as possible. Thank goodness for the mute button. Today we worked on greetings and getting our heads around the phonemes especially those unfamiliar sounds. Sometimes it's harder when we have to read the words as my brain keeps going into a muddle when I see wy or Ll in the middle of a word. Just not used to hissing like an angry cat. I think it helps that Peter and I practise on each other and with our Welsh speaking neighbours.
As usual the windy weather brought out the thrill seekers, there's a kite surfer in the photo above. I was doing the ironing later in the afternoon and kept seeing surfers running down the road clutching their boards ready to join the 'seal colony' bobbing up and down on the waves.

 

No comments: