Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 1 October 2021

Windy.

Sunshine and huge waves today, my kind of weather.
After breakfast I went into town. I didn't go across town to Morrison's but made one of my occasional visits to Tesco's. I only went in for a few bits but as generally happens came out with rather more. I got Peter a pair of black cargo trousers but legs weren't long enough so I'll need to change them, and for me a double pack of leggings one pair plain black and one pair in a tie-dye effect in black, grey and white. I also found some hand towels in a blue that matches the 'blue loo' which were on sale. £4 reduced to £1 so I bought four which should be sufficient for a long time. 

I took our floor lamp along and donated it to the charity furniture shop as we don't actually use it. That way it will raise some funds and go to somebody who needs it (as well as selling to people who are looking for a bargain they also pass on stuff to people in need), rather than putting it on the free site when you don't know if somebody is going to sell it on. The free site in Devon was strictly 'for the needy not the greedy' and no resale allowed while here with fewer people a lot of items are for sale rather than free. And now I have the perfect spot for the big jug which my mother dug out of a Cornish farmer's muckheap 65 years ago.
After Peter and I unpacked and put away the shopping I couldn't resist sitting outside, first with a coffee and then with my little red felted dragon who has finally got his wings. I looked at felt in three shops and returned to the first shop as they had the nearest matching red felt. I could do more with the dragon but now he's got his wings and eyes I'll take a break and make a start on Christmas gifts. I haven't decided what I'm going to do yet (my poor long suffering family but at least they're only small items). The trouble is I see something on-line and then think everybody will love it.
While I sat outside I got distracted by a kite surfer out on the water. A couple of times I saw him lifted at least 20ft above the waves (top photo) which was impressive. A couple of the lads went running down with their surfboards but I didn't see anyone catching the waves yet.

 

2 comments:

happyone said...

Love your big old jug sitting in the corner. Looks very old.

Ruta M. said...

It's probably 19th centuary. The farmer gave it to my mother after she made the effort to dig it out of his farmyard after thinking it was an interesting bit of broken earthenware.